Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Praise Kink

The good girl brand 

Is seared into my soul.
Each layer of conditioning that I muddle through, slough off
reveals the tenderness of
A deeper burn.
Through skin
Underneath my bones
Permeating each breath
Laced in every thought 
Lurking in my dreams.
I carve " I choose me" in my arm only to
Defer to disfiguring who I am 
To be a good girl.
I try to resist
Am I true to myself?
I believe it.
I believe I am healed.
I am doing it.
Until I realize I've lost myself again 
This.
This is why I have come to love the descent.
I watch myself 
Slowly isolate
Lose interest 
Shrink in
Lash out
Coil up

Until I finally see her
Matted braids 
Sunken eyes
Unapologetic 

I see me in the eyes of the girl at the stoplight 
Cigarette on her lips staring wistfully as her music gushes out of her stereo
I fall into my deep self
She/me/we
Have nothing to give
To anyone 
Nothing
Raw truth 
Striking clarity 
I love her.
I really, really love her.
Look at her lost, all wrapped up in the beauty of a fallen branch, detached lichen and decaying leaf
She soothes me

CLEAR!
I hear in the distance as she is ripped from my finger tips 
The voltage runs through me 
Bringing me back to the searing need to smile as I whisper
"My pleasure"

No comments:

Post a Comment